Would you like to see someone who is thoroughly qualified to care for your feet and ankles? You can when you come to Ankle and Foot Centers of Georgia. Dr. Stephen Barrett and Dr. Ketan Patel are your Marietta area foot doctors with the experience, expertise and compassion to keep your feet working well, feeling good and looking great.
Why a podiatrist?
Foot doctors in the Marietta area and across the country treat only foot and ankle problems. They receive years of medical training and undergo a rigorous residency program. They specialize in the latest diagnostic, surgical, imaging and treatment techniques that concentrate on the form, function and health of the lower extremities.
Seeing a foot doctor is very important if your lifestyle or health conditions impact your feet and ankles. Examples include:
- Athletics (sports injuries--either repetitive or acute)
- Peripheral circulation issues
- Congenital or acquired foot or ankle deformities (flat feet, hammer toes, bunions)
- Soft tissue injuries and conditions (Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, ingrown toenails)
- Gait problems due to aging, injury, balance or deformity
- Traumatic injuries from occupational accidents, MVAs, sports and more
What a podiatric examination involves
When you come to Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia, expect a friendly, prompt greeting and foot exam in a fully equipped treatment room. Your foot doctor will review your medical and surgical history, particularly as it pertains to your feet and ankles, and then visually inspect your feet.
He or she may suggest special imaging as needed (an MRI, for example) or gait analysis (checking to see how you walk). You'll discuss any discomforts or concerns you have and your day to day activities, occupation, sports and more.
From there, your foot doctor will recommend in-office treatments and lifestyle changes to ensure your feet are pain-free and working well. These may include:
- Stopping all tobacco usage
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Beginning a plan of regular exercise
- Shoe modifications (more supportive footwear or shoe orthotics to provide better support, gait correction, and protection)
- Controlling blood sugar levels
Your feet take you everywhere
And, they are very complex structures. As such, they need careful attention. At Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia, you'll get that expert and compassionate care from Drs. Patel and Barrett. Please call our Marietta, GA, office for an appointment: (770) 952-5300.